Monday, July 18, 2011

Sharing the Secret

I have been very quiet about my weight loss. I really hate when people tell everyone what they are going to do but never do it! Instead, I like to keep quiet with any changes, work hard at them then surprise everyone when I have actually done it.

My mom knows everything because of her visit with us in February. I had already lost weight, and she noticed. My sister-in-law Betty has been in the loop from the beginning. Everyone else, including the rehab nurses, were in the dark. Finally, when I began the liquid diet, I thought it was wise to tell the RN's in case I had a medical issue with the diet. They have been extremely supportive and, after tasting the supplements, think I am a rock star.

Last week, I told my sister. Last week, I told Michael’s mom.

I am feeling “done” with this project and am only about 8 pounds above where I want to end up after I am stabilized. It is time to share the news. Share the secret.

In other news: We got a text from William last night. There had been a horrible accident at the Bluesfest in Ottawa, Canada when the stage collapsed. He wanted to let us know that he and his entire group were not injured. Scary. Grateful that there seems to be only one serious injury. 

No comments: