Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weight Management Group Doctor July Check-In

The early morning meeting went well. Dr. M-J was as lovely as always. She was thrilled with the amount of weight I have been able to lose. Many try but some can't finished it, as the liquid diet is extremely difficult. I left feeling very proud of myself.

She did warn me that, while eating my first week of real food, that I will want larger quantities of food after being on the 3-month liquid/protein bar diet. I must be mindful of this. This must not happen. I understand.

Even though I HATE the food I have been eating for the past 3-months, it was rather nice not to have to think about food. I lost weight consistently without thought. It just happened. Now, I have to go back to planning, buying and cooking food.  It has been a nice vacation.

But, I want food. Real food. Desperately. Dr. M-J warned me to eat very slowly and drink water between bites. It will taste soooo good I might want to overeat. In our house, I buy just enough food for perfect portions for our meals. There are never leftovers. Everything is measured. I really think I will be able to handle it.

We’ll see. The re-feeding begins on Thursday, July 21st with half of a rib-eye steak and cabbage.

I meet with the nutritionist Mr. B. tomorrow.

No comments: