Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wishing for Karma Payback

Someone stole our credit card number. We don’t know where. We don’t know when. We don’t know how. We never use it other than when we travel. We only have one.

When I opened the credit card bill last Friday afternoon, I was shocked to see the amount. It was about $600.00 higher that I expected. It became immediately clear what happened.

There was a charge in Australia on one day and another in Dublin, Ireland ten days later.

I ran to our bank, where I am well known (one of the perks of living in a small town). The manager cancelled the card and called to dispute the charges. A form will be sent to me and there should be no problem reversing the charges.

After the bank, I phoned Lifelock. I love Lifelock. They put a fraud alert on my accounts.

But, I want more. I want people who use stolen credit card information and other ID thieves to suffer. I want karma payback.

Though I will never see it, somehow that thought makes me feel a bit better.

No comments: