Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Great IPF Site and Getting Closer to Normal


Thanks to one of my reader, I was directed to this site:

This is a great site with plain positive language about IPF. It has good information and maybe helpful to those readers with IPF.

I am rested. I am ready for the week. Michael came home Sunday evening with stories to tell. He had a ball with a bunch of guys at Hot August Nights in Reno.

A bit of a scare yesterday. Mom was ill and they were considering another trip to the hospital. Thankfully, the fever and other symptoms subsided and she was feeling better when I spoke with her after dinner. 

I am leaving home before dawn today to spend two days with my mom. I will return once again for two additional days with her on Friday.  It is another week of driving hundreds of miles in difficult traffic. Hopefully, mom will be released from the rehab facility during the weekend. I am planning to bring some homemade foods for her freezer as it will be hard for her to cook and get around her kitchen for a while. Food is important to the healing of her pelvis so I want to be sure she has delicious, healthful and easy to reheat food available to her.

After she is released, I will spend one day a week with her for a while. I am sure she will need some help shopping and other errands but it won’t be so intense.

But right now, my body aches for exercise and my rehab. I miss my routines. I miss Michael.

What I worry about is when a scary incident is over and life returns back to normal, that is when the body lets down and an illness appears. I can’t get sick. I need to stay well. I am a bit worried and trying to be mindful of eating properly and trying to exercise whenever possible.

No comments: