Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nutritionist, Rehab, Mom and Hot August Nights!

Last Friday after spending a night at home, I went to visit our friend who lives on the way to my mom’s house. Michael went to school with her and she was my niece’s day care person for most of her childhood. A good woman.

I was able to visit with her and drop off most of my clothing which are now too big. It was almost like saying goodbye to good friends. But, they went to a good home. They looked good in her closet.

On Monday, I wore a new outfit to the two doctor’s appointments. It felt really good to wear clothing that fit properly. But, I was a bit nervous. Because I had been with my mom most of last week plus we went out to eat a couple of time along with no rehab for a week, I thought I might have gained weight.

The good news is I lost two pounds. I would love to lose another five so that is my latest goal, even though the nutritionist said that I would not be able to lose weight especially through the transition to real food.

I went to the rehab class yesterday and finally saw both Sherman and Dick who are just returning from being ill. It was good to have the gang back together again. After such a wet weekend, I was not able to work in the garden until yesterday after rehab. It felt good to get it all cleaned up.

Within an hour, I am once again heading deep into the city for a very early appointment with the nutritionist, Mr. B. I will then go to the other rehab, swing by the butcher's and Trader Joe's then cook our final dinner for the week. 

Tomorrow, I will drive the 100 miles inland to be with my mom for a couple of days. As the weather has been so wet, cold and foggy here on the coast, I am rather looking forward to the 90+ heat in her city.

Michael leaves on Friday morning for Hot August Nights in Reno. It is a car thing. We will reunite on Sunday afternoon.

I will write again in a couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll like www.ipftoday.com