Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Seven Pounds


My brother’s wife Betty phoned last Tuesday. She needed help. She has been struggling with high blood pressure and has horrible reactions to the medications so the doctor just gave her an ultimatum: Lose seven pounds in 22 days which will lower her blood pressure and she won’t insist that she takes the drugs.

So, she phoned for my help.

Seven pounds. Snap! Done! Easy peezy.

I told her to eat 3-4 ozs. lean protein with a plateful of vegetables at every meal and to eat four 300-calorie meals a day. Along with that, she needs to walk or move an hour a day. Since they are in the middle of the hottest summer in years in New Mexico, she bought a treadmill on the weekend. I hope it changes her life as she is also struggling with arthritis. The doctor wants her to exercise to ease those pains.

To help, I e-mailed all my low fat, low carb recipes which I have culled from the Internet. She has already made the crustless quiche for breakfast and loved it. If she drinks the 12 glasses of water a day, exercises for an hour and eats from a low carb menu, she will drop the weight very quickly.

As of yesterday, she has lost six pounds. Both she and my brother love the food. Last night they ate the chicken taco salad with salsa and non-fat sour cream. I will bet that she is around 15 pounds lighter when she see the doctor and with the treadmill, a few muscles will be on display, too!

No comments: