Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stopping

I am a bit concerned about my health. The past week has been a challenge with a lot of driving to my mom’s rehab facility and my doctor appointments with no down time. I am completely exhausted.

It was in the high 90’s at my mom’s but foggy and cool here on the coast. The dramatic temperature change has been a surprisingly difficult adjustment. I breathe so much better in the cool weather. I sleep better. I am better rested.

In the heat, everything takes more effort. Maintaining mom’s garden and house along with buying and transporting things for her to the facility has been a true challenge.

I am also home alone until Sunday afternoon. Michael is with friends at the car thing in Reno and is enjoying the full VIP treatment. My plan: to do nothing but rest on Saturday, try to gather my strength and get ready for another wild week ahead.

My mom’s 83rd birthday is Wednesday so I want to be with her. I am driving the 100 miles on Tuesday and coming home after her birthday luncheon. We have permission to take her out for a party with her girlfriends. I will also vacuum her house and prepare the house for her return either Friday or Saturday.

My health. I don’t want to get worn down and ill. I need time to recover and just stop. Nap. Read. Play the piano. Not talk. That is the plan for today.

No comments: