Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Strength Through Adversity


There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.

 -Washington Irving

I believe this. It happened to me. I also believe that the biggest lessons in life are learned in bad times, not good. 

I have learned a lot.

Michael was talking with one of his friends who is very successful in life. A self made man. They were talking about how I am determined to outlive my mom - I think it would be so hard on her to lose a child - and to life long enough to allow a trust fund to be passed to our son. If I die too soon, he gets nothing. Michael's friend said, "Women! They are so much stronger than we are. I'd just give up!"

When it comes to our children, I believe that, too.

Again, we all have a choice on how we get through the adversity. Rise or fall. It's your choice.

No comments: