Monday, August 8, 2011

Two Doctors Today

We had a very quiet day yesterday in preparation for another busy week ahead. The weather was once again very wet and foggy so we went in search of sunshine. We drove to the Stanford Shopping Center's Nordstroms and Michael picked out four shirts and a wonderful sweater for me. We then went to lunch at their cafe. Lots of healthy choices for me. We bought some groceries for the next five days then headed back home.

Early this morning, I will begin the long trek to the hospital deep in the city for an appointment with the Weight Management doctor, Dr. M-J. I am very nervous about my weight. Since I ate away from home last week and was not able to exercise in rehab, I hope I haven't gained any weight.

After the appointment, I will hop in the car and drive to my other hospital in the city to see Dr. M, my endocrinologist. He is the one who gave me the referral to the Weight Management Clinic. He is going to be so happy with my weight loss. The reason for the appointment is that I have Hashimoto's Disease, which is an auto-immune disease of the thyroid. This is my once a year check up with him.

A long day ahead. It is exhausting for me to do this amount of driving especially after all the driving and stress of my mom's recent hospitalization. I am forcing myself to keep going. I am already looking forward to the weekend with plans to do NOTHING but sleeping.

No comments: