Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home - For a Few Days

What a week. I am home from my mom's for a few days. I am seeing Dr. M-J at the Weight Management Clinic in the morning then my endocrinologist at another hospital in the afternoon. It will be a long day.

Tuesday, I will meet my rehab boys for the class then Wednesday, I am back in the city for an appointment with the nutritionist. I am going back to spend a couple of days with mom after all the appointments.

While with my mom at the hospital then later at a rehab center, I stayed at her house. She will not be able to maintain it for several months, so left it cleaned, vacuumed and ready for her homecoming. She may be ready to be released from rehab in about a week.

The doctors, Occupational Therapist and the Physical Therapist have all been stunned watching what she is able to do with a fractured pelvis. She is one strong woman. They said that because she has been so active, it is paying off now. Also, she is not a person who would ever lay in bed all day and moan.

Guess where I get my drive to stay active?

No comments: