Saturday, September 3, 2011

Another Visit with the Nutritionist

Last Tuesday, I weighed myself at rehab. I lost another two pounds. It was a celebratory moment as it fell into a lower group of ten numbers. I so want to lose another four pounds and never go into the higher group of ten numbers again. Ever.

But, Mr. B. the nutritionist is not going to be happy. They wanted me to stop losing weight six pounds ago. 

Armed with this knowledge, I met with him on Friday.

We checked my weight, I lost another pound lost since Tuesday.

It turned into an interesting visit. Mr. B. told me that I really don’t need him anymore and that I have everything I need to maintain my weight. There is an actual formula: I can eat the formally banned foods with protein twice a week and stay at 1,400 calories a day. Also, I need to check my weight about the same day and time every week.

I told him that this part of the process has been the most important for me and he is my touchstone. There is a growing confidence that I will not put the weight back on. My metabolism is working beautifully. I should be careful about food but not stress over it.

So, I am seeing him next month and again in November. That will be our final appointment together.

The entire process will end after eleven months. The losing of the actual 60 pounds took seven months.

After the appointment, Michael and I spent the day together. We ran around like crazy trying to get all of our errands finished. We finally got home at 3:30 then I began my work.

Today is Michael’s birthday. We are having the neighbors join us for a small party and William and Kimberly are due sometime today. So, after a long day, I spent five hours preparing some of the food and baked two cakes. Michael helped with the cakes and they were both frosted and finished by 8:30. And so was I. Finished. I fell into bed and really didn’t stir until 7:00 this morning.

Hope the sun comes out for the party!

No comments: