Monday, September 19, 2011

Dear Mr. Buffett

I try to stay away from politics. I really do. I hate politics and all politicians.

But, with Mr. Warren Buffett in the news, I just have to comment. He suggested and is getting his wish that millionaires be taxed at a much higher rate.

Here is my shout out to him:

Instead of giving your money away to the government, why don't you pay on your policies for the disabled? Why did your disability policy in my employment package say you will pay a large percentage of my income until I am 65-years old if I become disabled? When the horrible happened and I tried to collect on the policy, my lawyer was shock to discover that every illness had a huge number of "buts..." If your disease was caused but x, y, or z the claim would be paid for only 24 months.

Every disease had a huge number of disqualifications listed. Every disease.

So, Mr. Buffett, what percentage of disability claim are paid for longer than 24 months? My guess? Little to none.

After we lost my income after 24 months (and he really only paid 12 months since State Disability Insurance paid the first year), I would picture what hell would be for Mr. Buffett. It would be having to write checks to disabled people.

May he rot.

No comments: