Friday, September 30, 2011

Difficulty Setting New Goals


I had an amazing dad. If you, dear reader, have read the previous blogs about him, you know that. He was a huge believer that it was easy to drift through life and really just stagnate. He believed that we all need to dream. Dream about what you want then set a goal to get it. Begin with small steps and plan out where to go and what to do at each step. 


Set a goal, follow through and you can achieve anything. 


The goal I set to lose weight in order to begin the lung transplant process has certainly been reached. No one is more surprised that I am that it worked. And rather quickly, too. I met with the nutritionist in December of last year and the weight has been off since late July.

2011 has been the year of my diet. All about me. But, what I am currently struggling with is: What next? For years, weight has been an issue and now it isn’t. Done. I need a new focus. I need a new goal.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this the past few weeks and my friend Barbara is in about the same place. She wrote that she is feeling a need for a new outlet. Something creative. Her focus has changed as exciting and interesting things no longer give the same thrill or excitement. She says she needs something new.

Exactly. That is what I am feeling, too.

I have no answers yet. I am open for suggestions! I am ready to take the next step if only I knew what steps to take!

No comments: