Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Preparing for a Conversation about Life

When I had coffee with my old friends from high school, Donna mentioned a friend of her’s who is in need a liver transplant. He sounded just scared, didn’t have the facts and was just miserable. In an e-mail this week, she asked me to speak with him.

She wants me to tell him about my illness and give him hope. Inspire him.

What an honor.

I told her I would love to meet with him in person but could also speak with him via phone.

He apparently was showing off to his grandson on a skateboard and broke his leg and ankle, and tore three out of four of the muscles involving his right rotator cuff. He is recovering at home but might need a bit of time before we speak. Donna also mentioned that she thinks he would more likely be responsive to a stranger than a friend. Enter me, the stranger!

As such a private person, I am very careful whom I let into my blogging world. Neither Donna or my other high school friend Nancy knows about it. Maybe this friend of Donna's might need this blog. We’ll see.

No comments: