Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To the City - Day 2

Dr. Paul Blanc
Back to the city this morning. But after weighing in yesterday, I am heading to the other rehab before going to the Interstitial Lung Disease Support Group. I did gain two pounds and was devastated. Dr. M-J said that I am still at my goal weight and not to panic. Get back to rehab. Get back into my routines.

She also said that research has shown that when a person panics with a small gain, they cut back on their healthy eating habits and increase their exercise then binge on food because they are extra hungry. They never remain stable. That made good sense to me. I also have to remember that I had a fasting blood test before the appointment then ate a small breakfast just before being weighed. So, I am not panicking. I am going to work out today and bring my lunch with me to eat before the meeting. I am also going to weigh myself on Thursday before the rehab class. We’ll see how I do.

So, today we are meeting Dr. Paul Blanc, Chief of Occupational and Environmental Medicine who will talk with us about Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis, my ILD.

Then, it is back to the city – Day 3 tomorrow. I am meeting with the fabulous Dr. K. who is going to love my additional 20-pound weight loss and the news about needing less oxygen in rehab. 

No comments: