Sunday, October 23, 2011

Don's Birthday Event

Tired. Okay, I did a bit too much yesterday. We had a really perfect evening celebrating Don's birthday. Appetizers were served on the back patio as the sun set with the background music provided by the sounds of the water in the fountain. It was so warm that we were in short sleeved shirts in the darkness. That is such a rare event here on the coastside.

Dinner was perfect and I sent plates full of food and cake home with Don. The only problem is that he leaves for Hawaii at 7:00 this morning. He said he was going to enjoy it all for breakfast!

The highlight of the evening was when Michael and I serenaded him with a song Michael learned from a Los Angeles TV show "Engineer Bill" in the 1960's:

"Put another candle on your birthday cake, I'm gonna bake a birthday cake.
Put another candle on your birthday cake, You're another year old today.
Happy Birthday to you. You're another year old today."

Don was laughing so hard, I thought he was going to hurt himself!

We climbed into bed at 11:00 and passed out until 6:15 this morning.

The dilemma: Michael invited me to join him over the hill. He has to do some work so I can use that time stalking sales at the mall and afterwards we will have a nice long drive home together through the Redwoods. Tempting. The other choice is to stay home in the clean house with the perfect gardens with nothing to do but sit in the garden and rest.

I tend to always want to keep moving especially when I have to weight-in at the Weight Management Clinic tomorrow morning. No decision is made yet.

Enjoy your Sunday.

No comments: