Friday, October 7, 2011

Gardening, Shopping and Pumpkins

It's cold this morning. It's in the 40's outside and 61 inside. I try to not turn the heater on each year until the rates drop on November 1st. This morning, Michael was cold. He made that comment while hovering around the light bulb over the stove for warmth. Ha! So cute. He was in long pj's, shirt, sweater, socks and a full blanket wrapped around his body. Maybe it is time to re-think the November 1st thing....

The good news is that the rain has stopped for a few days and I am heading into the gardens all day today. This is my usual Saturday work but I have plans for tomorrow. My friend Barbara and I have shopping and lunch on our list of things to do tomorrow morning. Nordstroms.

The town that we live in is known for its pumpkins. Lots of pumpkins. Even a pumpkin festival, which is next weekend and brings several hundred thousand people to our little town. But, for the entire month of October, traffic is slow. On the weekends, it is impossible to drive the normal 10-minute drive on the pass in under 90-minutes. There is another way to get home from the north, though it is much longer. That is how I am going to get home tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: