Friday, October 21, 2011

Preparing

Pancetta and porcini mushroom potato gratin
Busy weekend and week ahead. I'm trying to not feel overwhelmed. One step and day at a time. Today, I am off to the other rehab within the hour, meeting someone I met at the ILD Luncheon who is at the beginning of her journey followed by a trip to the butcher and Trader Joe's. Then, the back yard needs cutting.

Our friend Don is coming for a birthday dinner on Saturday night. Rib eye steak on the grill, pancetta and porcini mushroom potato gratin and heirloom tomato salad followed by a carrot cake with candles. So, tonight the carrot cake will be finished and in the refrigerator before bedtime.

A very busy, full day.

Tomorrow, I will do a quick dust and vacuum, set the table and start cooking. We love Don and so looking forward to hearing his funny stories with his British accent and wit.

Monday and Tuesday are doctor days. It will be my final visit with Dr. M-J at the Weight Management Group on Monday and a quick check-up with Dr. K, the lung goddess, for a review of the PFT's and HRCT.

Wednesday is the late night orchestra rehearsal.

Friday, I am driving the 100 miles to my mom's for another procedure on her back. It will be a long day.

Saturday, we have been invited to crazy Ricky's house for a huge Italian dinner made by his wonderful wife, Fran. I am so looking forward to spending time with them.

The calendar is rather scary and I have to admit that I am nervous that it will be too much and I will get sick. I am going to take my vitamins, Airborne and try to get as much sleep as possible. I will remember to wash my hands a lot and be very careful with my diet.

Sunday, I plan to spend all day reading and napping. Recovery time.

No comments: