Saturday, October 1, 2011

Suddenly Social


I feel a bit sore this morning. Yesterday after rehab, I spent five hours working in the garden. It looks fantastic and all the major trimming for the winter is finished! Rain is expected on Monday. Michael had to work late so after serving him a fast dinner of flank steak, roasted tomatoes with pesto and an Italian salad at 8:00, we sat in the garden, listened to the fountain, watched the stars, noticed the clouds rolling in, talked about our day and finally went to bed around 10:00 - very late for me!

I am grateful that I finished it all because I got a phone call last evening from our neighbors Rick and Natalie who are celebrating their 20th Anniversary with a short trip to a nice hotel. Good for them! But, their daughter Melanie was to stay at a friend's house but they backed out. Natalie asked if Melanie could stay with us. Of course. So today from 4:00PM until 1:00 tomorrow afternoon, I will be enjoying the company of a delightful 15-year old young woman. Yes, the sheets are in the dryer and will be ironed this morning! As I have said before, I need an intervention regarding my passion for ironing sheets.

Yesterday, I made plans to spend time with four people. I am suddenly social!
  1. My friend Barbara and I are thinking of getting together some Saturdays for lunch at the Nordstroms Cafe. Shopping could also happen! It is about the halfway point between us. We e-mail a lot but it just is not the same as having a live conversation! 
  2. My friend Sue is a superb teacher. Her son and William met in kindergarten and we became immediate friends. She and Jim run our book club but I have not seen them since the diet. Their daughter was born at 25 weeks and beat all the odds. She is one healthy strong woman who was a paramedic. We just received an e-mail that she now has her RN license. Sue and I are making plans to see each other.
  3. Lois. My dear friend from the other rehab. She is dealing with a lot of death in her family and her husband's family. Why does it seems to run in threes? She just returned from a trip to bury her brother and to say goodbye to her mother-in-law and brother-in-law. A very sad and difficult situation. We are meeting for tea on Tuesday before my rehab class. 
  4. Susan has an ILD and is the person who set up the private e-mail group for all the members of the ILD group. She appears to be one sharp woman who is always exquisitely dressed. I received an e-mail from her yesterday wanting to speak with me and suggesting lunch. Should be interesting. She lives almost 100 miles away but I will suggest that we meet at a restaurant in the city near the hospital. 
Throw in my monthly meeting with Mr. B. my nutritionist plus an orchestra rehearsal on Wednesday and I am facing a busy week.

Was I complaining about being bored?

No comments: