Saturday, November 12, 2011

Another Social Day, Oh My!

It has been such a social couple of weeks which continued yesterday. I met my friend Barbara at Sears Optical where she planned to buy some new glasses. On our way to that department, we just had to look through all the clothes. Sears! For this Nordstrom's girl! But, Levi's are Levi's. I realized last week that I no longer needed to buy the $100.00+ pair of jeans. I bought a pair of 512 Levi's for $39.99. What a deal. Barbara bought a great embellished t-shirt. Great price! Note to myself: Sears. Check them out more often.

So, down we went to the optical department. The people there were so nice and put up with me pulling copious amount of glasses off their wall of samples. Barbara actually bought a pair of purple glasses which looked fantastic on her. Who knew? I swear she looked 10 years younger.

We walked the mall, I showed her the new H&M then we headed to Nordstrom's for lunch in the Cafe. Because of the holiday, it was packed. We realized that everyone was at the mall because of the rain on the holiday. Too loud! Barbara has a very serious case of tinnitus so we needed a quiet lunch spot. All the restaurants in the mall were packed and loud. So, we took off in my car for the next town north and their really cool main street.

It, too, was packed with traffic backed up in all the parking lots. I tried all my secret parking spots and RATS, all were taken. Then, in the distance, a disability sign glowed. Several blocks away, it was there just waiting for us. Got it! We poked our heads in a few of the restaurants but they were all packed and too loud. There was a really expensive one that Michael and I tried several years ago. I didn't even know they served lunch. There were three table out front under their large covered patio so that is where we decided to eat. It was quiet. I had a wonderful crab and shrimp combo on a bed of lettuce and Barbara had their special of a rib eye steak. We ate, talked and watched the rain just feet from us. It was an exceptional lunch. Thank you, Barbara!

Before we headed back to the mall, we bought some goodies at the Danish bakery for her John and my Michael. We said our goodbyes and headed home at 3:30. What a lovely day.

Michael got home in time to leave for Wayne's 50th birthday party with about a dozen of his "men friends." I made a praline covered over ganache frosted chocolate birthday cake. Others brought wine and beer and they ordered several thin crust wood burning oven pizzas from town. He got home around 11:00. The party was a success.

No comments: