Sunday, November 6, 2011

Is that Me?!?

Each of these silhouettes represents a variance of a size 10 woman. I think I am most like #4.
Dear Reader, I don’t want you to think that I am bragging. It is not that. It’s just that I haven't been trying  on new clothing and seeing myself in a long mirror in horrible lighting. Memories of the difficult years of just buying clothes that I could get into came flooding back while in the dressing rooms. Who cared how it looked or the color or the price or the style. It fit!

I went shopping for clothes yesterday– brown cords, black skirt, black sheer hose, brown shoes, navy slacks. All were on sale. What is still so remarkable to me was when I tried something on at the stores and everything fit. I begin to giggle and then just marvel. That was me in the mirror. Really.

A saleswoman at Nordstrom’s asked what size I wore while helping me find the black skirt on the sale rack and I almost laughed out loud when I said, “A 10” and she didn’t blink. Me, a 10. Even funnier is that the perfect skirt on sale with a fitted waist was only available in a size 8. I tried, it worked, I bought it. Me, an 8. The cords I bought were a loose size 10 and the navy slacks were an 8. I am still stunned.

Everything was on display on our bed for Michael to also marvel at, not only the clothes and sizes but the prices! I really got good deals.

It was a very fulfilling day. I was reminded of all the hard work I did to lose the weight. All the hours working out every day. All the hours planning menus and cooking healthful food. Looking in the mirrors in the dressing rooms, I realized just today that it has all paid off. I look normal. I feel great.

No comments: