Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Time out. Stop. Laze.

That is the plan for this Sunday. The Formula One race from Abu Dhabi has been taped and we will watch it over breakfast this morning. Our 49ers are playing later and I bet we will spend some time in the garden even if we have to wear coats! It is supposed to be in the high 50's today.

I have a rather quiet week ahead. Rehab everyday, a good haircut and color for my roots and a visit on Thursday morning by Natalie, Winnie and Oliver. I am so grateful that I don't have to have the house and gardens and food ready for Thanksgiving dinner. For the first time ever, we are taking the entire family out to a restaurant for the holiday meal. It is time. I just don't want to exhaust myself for a meal. A traditional meal that I have made dozens of times. I'm done.

But, I love cooking for Christmas. It is my brother-in-law's year to design a menu from somewhere in the world. Last year, we served French food. I have no clue what Jeff has in mind for this year and I really need to begin to consider where we want to go in the culinary world next Christmas. I will design a menu that will allow me to do a few things everyday and very little on Christmas Day so I won't be exhausted and get sick.

The difference between cooking for the two holidays is that one makes you colors within the lines and the other allows you to scribble as much as you want. The traditional versus the outrageous. I love to scribble!

No comments: