Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Liver Sonogram, Autos, Thanksgiving

The liver sonogram yesterday was interesting. It was of the entire belly as well as a Doppler recording of all the liver's veins and arteries. Funny to hear the blood rushing through. Sounded good to me but what do I know? The meeting with the liver doctor to talk about all the past 6-months of fasting blood tests and the sonogram will be December 1st. I so don't want a biopsy.

The new car is now a happy car. All the mechanical work is finished and, as of yesterday, it is now wearing new tires. Michael plans to paint it next Spring. In other car news, Michael heard a weird sound in the 1994 840 BMW last week and discovered that a major bolt holding the tensioner for the AC belt had sheered off. Had he continued to drive, it could have ruined the entire motor. Thankfully, the dealership had the bolt, Michael worked to fix everything and came home with grease on his hands. He hates grease. We felt we dodged a bullet and so happy that we decided to buy another car to replace it.

Lots of family stress around Thanksgiving for the first time ever. We have always had such a close family but now that we have to adjust for my 83-year old mom's broken bones and my health, two people are not happy. They called last night to let me know how unhappy they were with the changes in the traditions. I explained my mantra - adjust and keep moving forward. We have to adjust for mom and for my health now and in the future if we want to be together. Don't know if it was heard.

Since I couldn't work in the gardens this past weekend, I went over the hill to rehab both Saturday and Sunday. I felt a noticeable difference in my breathing and movement. I feel loose and more limber. So, I think I am going to try and workout on the weekends this winter when I can't work in the yards.

Today? Dentist then the rehab class with the rehab boys Sherman and Dick while the housekeepers are here making the house clean and pretty. I also was handed the keys to the new car this morning, which I will be driving everyday beginning today. Exciting.

No comments: