Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Speech, ah, Maybe


Sally, the head of our ILD Support Group, phoned last evening. My university hospital is going to host the American Thoracic Society's Annual Meeting in May. One of the offerings will be about my specific disease - Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis - and they have asked if my university could provide a speaker with the disease to present to the group.

TA-DA! Me!!!

I am honored to be asked to speak. It is a huge deal. I immediately said I would be happy to do it. Someone from the ATS will be contacting me with specific topics of interest which, I am rather sure, will include; my symptoms, how I was diagnosed, my PFTs, causation, current status. I will also try to talk a bit of my obsession with eating non-processed foods and the importance of consistent daily exercise.

But, and this is a big but, my niece is getting married on the same day. In the late afternoon. About three hours away. Sally is trying to contact the coordinator for the event to ask if they can schedule my speech before noon. If not, I can't do it.

Fingers crossed that it all works out. I love speaking, especially to doctors.

No comments: