Sunday, January 22, 2012

Changes to Pulmonary Rehab Routine

I had a fantastic workout at the other rehab yesterday morning. Because of our long weekend walks, I had been thinking about adding a lot more time on the treadmill. My body felt so much looser and better for days afterwards. Why not add the time at a slower pace on the treadmill everyday?

After doing of my normal 12 minutes at 3.4mph, I slowed it down to 3.0mph and walked for a total of 45 minutes. It was no problem. From there, I did the normal rotation of arm bike, recumbent bike then back on the treadmill for an additional 12 minutes at 3.4mph.

On Tuesday, I will approach the new rehab class RN and suggest that I would like to add it to my routine. I forgot to mention that also in the class, I had previously added wall pulleys and wall push ups to the end of the workout.

My body shape is changing after last year's weight loss due to the consistent exercise. People are asking if I am losing even more weight when, in reality, everything is becoming tighter. Stronger. More defined.

This morning, I still feel so loose and strong that it will take a bit of guilt away as I spend the first part of the day watching one football game then our beloved 49ers game this afternoon. We are once again invited to Jim and Kathy's house to watch that game and enjoy another marvelous dinner. Last week it was steamed mussels and clams and the best fish on earth. I am sure it will be as wonderful tonight.

Dare I say it? Okay: Go 49ers!

No comments: