Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Non-Stop New Year


“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.” -Lao Tzu

The above caused me to pause this morning. I hate spinning my wheels. I hope I am busy moving always forward. 

This is something that I am trying to be more mindfull of this year: living in the present. I am such a planner and list maker and always thinking and moving forward. I am trying to find the silence in life. The calmness. This does not come naturally to me! It is simple things like driving with no radio playing or no TV on in the house. The silence. I am learning.

But, the reality is that I screamed through the day yesterday. Never stopped a moment. Rehab, food shopping, washed piles of laundry in preparation of next week's trip, made dinner, a quick visit with Jill, Wayne and the boys then POOF off to the city to have coffee with Don and his friend Mindy. We didn't get home until 10:00, which is just about two hours later than my bedtime!

I believe this is going to be a very social year for me.

Today, I was supposed to meet Susan for lunch before the January ILD meeting. There was to be no speaker this time and just sharing with each other. Sounds dull but it is probably my favorite time with the group. I have learned so much from other's experiences. But, with fighting a cough and being on antibiotics, I thought I should not spread it around to the group.

How I hope the day will unfold? Rehab, simple yard work then ironing all those clothes I washed yesterday. A quieter day, I think. A calmer day.

No comments: