Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Tough Day

I want to go back to the desert. I want to begin again. It was a bad day yesterday.

The plan was for me to drive Michael to our friend Jim's house so they could watch the 49er's game together (what a game, by the way) then I would drive back afterwards when Kathy would be home and join them for dinner. The plan.

They live on the golf course in a gated community. I rarely drive there. We were in the Audi station wagon. I didn't see a speed bump and took it at 25mps. I cracked the oil pan.

We park the car, cleaned the oil up with cardboard and are having it towed to Jim's business this morning so Michael can fix it. Yes, he can fix it but it will take his time away from his business and he hates grease. Really hates grease and oil. I felt horrible.

The football game had begun. But, we then had to drive Jim's truck back to our house so I could have a car to drive us back home later in the evening. We got into the truck - no gas. We got on the highway - tourist traffic. We made our way to the gas station and while Michael pumped some gas in the truck, my cell phone rang but I didn't recognize the number. I waited for the message. It was our security company reporting a break-in at our house.

Quickly, we drove home. No police. No break-in. No nothing. The sensor is defective, we had already ordered a replacement and will install it today.

Way too much drama for one day.

Then it happened. About an hour and a half after I got home and after I watered the garden and continued to feel almost sick for damaging the car, Michael phoned. He asked how I was doing. I told him and he replied, "Hey, it was just an accident. I can fix it. Don't worry."

That is a good man. That is a great husband.

No comments: