Thursday, January 5, 2012

Surf's Up, Dude!


Endless summer. At least it feels like it. It was in the mid-60's yesterday so I sat in the gardens to begin a tan on my legs. In January, for heaven's sake!

We live in an area where there is a big wave surf contest most years. The waves are huge right now and there is a rumor that the 24-hour notice for the contest will be announced today or tomorrow. Dude! Surf! Sun!

Today, I am returning to the rehab class since Christmas. It will be great to see everyone and hear all the holiday stories. Michael and I still feel that we are recovering from the holidays. As part of our recovery, we will be taking a week off from life and are planning to be lazy. In the sunshine. Around a pool. The anticipation is enough to keep me awake at night. We must thank our friends Jim and Sue for arranging everything for us at an amazing price.

So far, 2012 has been lovely, warm and perfect. I hope it continues!

No comments: