Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weight, Clothes, Breakfast and Rehab

I haven't written about my weight in a while. It has been interesting and a daily process. It's all about portions, no nibbling, three meals a day plus one snack, exercise and now we have added walking several evenings a week.

We just returned from our week away in the desert, which could have been a problem. We handled it with our normal run of Trader Joe food and we cooked our own breakfasts and dinners. Though we went to lunch everyday, we watched what we ordered and walked a lot. I came home a couple of pounds lighter.

Looking back to a year ago, I was just in the first month of losing the weight with help of the nutritionist. I am so grateful for his advise and support, which made the 60 pounds leave my body in a very healthful manner.

There is a huge storm due tomorrow evening which means that there will be no yard work again this coming weekend. Therefore, I am planning to go into the gym on Saturday because I plan to not move from the couch during the 49er game on Sunday.

I also have been wearing my skinny jeans. My first pair of Levi's in a couple of decades. Size 10M. I have learned that when I wear clothes that are actually my size and fit properly, I look downright skinny. At the orchestra rehearsal last night, I wore the jeans and a white shirt under a form-fitting, short, light green leather jacket. So many people commented that I had lost a lot of additional weight. In reality, I am about the same I have been for the last six months. The difference? The clothes fit properly. What a revelation.

This morning, I will be wearing the same outfit to meet one of my kids from school who is now a real adult! I haven't seen him in a year so I am really looking forward to hearing about his life. After our breakfast together, I have to workout in the rehab class for the first time since the head RN retired on Tuesday. Changes are afoot. My plan? Keep my head down, make no comments and remind myself that I am not running their program!

No comments: