Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whining

I usually hate to whine. I don't believe in it. I believe in just taking care of business. Deal with it. Today though, I just want to whine. I have been awake most of the night worrying about it all.

Over a week's worth of mail came yesterday. Lots of lovely magazines along with several problems.

1.  After we bought the new car three months ago, we got a bill to increase our umbrella insurance policy to include that one car. It was too much and instead of billing us for a total of three cars, it billed us for six cars. I phoned our agent. A new bill came the next month. It was also wrong but an additional $6 was charge for the monthly billing as well as the $6 from the previous wrong billing. In yesterday's mail was the third bill. It was finally correct but they now have charged $12 for the previous bills and another $6 for this bill. I don't mind paying the current $6 but it is not my fault that they never fixed the previous bills. Must phone the agent again this morning.

2. I have blogged about the new e-mail system at my university hospital. I was thrilled that they notified me that they had sent a new prescription to my mail order drug company for renewal of Immuran. That was December 29th. In yesterday's mail was a letter from the drug company that they never heard back from my doctor so the drug was never sent. I phoned them yesterday and they just couldn't explain what happened. Also, I realized that they have the doctor's same phone number as the FAX number. It has been four years and they have contacted my doctor's office numerous times. Didn't have the correct phone number?!?! I am not happy. So, today I have to contact my doctor AGAIN and ask them to resubmit the prescription.

3. The worst. I paid our property taxed on time in December but switched a number by mistake. It was $600.00 short. The letter in yesterday's was dated January 5th and states that if I get them a check within 10 days, I won't have to pay the 10% penalty. Well, today is the 18th. Damn. I was going to go and pay it in person today but realized that it won't make any difference than just mailing it in. So, into the mail it goes this morning.

In better news, the new oil pan for the station wagon should arrive at the dealership this morning and my brilliant husband is going to get it installed this afternoon. I will need it tonight because it is the only car my string bass fits into for orchestra rehearsal. Just a little pressure on Michael. What a great guy.

Also in the rehab class yesterday, my numbers were just fine. The same. Still no supplemental oxygen needed. Wonderful news.

Okay, I promise not to whine too often. But, I somehow feel a bit better.

No comments: