Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fast Change

A big step forward. My mom put her house on the market and it sold, for cash in a bad housing market in her area, within 24 hours. She must be out in 30 days. Way too fast. We are not prepared as we thought it would take months to sell.

She is going to look at two independent living facilities in my area this Monday and Tuesday. So, today I am putting the second coat of paint on the walls of the front bathroom, will remove all the tape and put it back enough for her to use. After she goes home on Tuesday, I will finish painting the ceiling. It really has been a project!

The worst thing that could happen? We would have her as a housemate until she is able to find someplace to live. We would have a ball, talk until we are hoarse and probably drive Michael nuts!

My wish is that she finds a facility that is affordable where she can be comfortable and closer to us. Fingers crossed.

No comments: