Friday, February 3, 2012

Lack of Oxygen

At the rehab class yesterday, I just couldn't keep my oxygen up high enough to continue without supplemental oxygen. Even with purse-lip breathing, I couldn't get it above 87. It must be a minimum of 90. The balance of the workout, I was with the oxygen but was not happy.

Depressing! What is happening?

I realized later that I was exhausted from the orchestra rehearsal Wednesday evening. I woke up tired and slept over 10 hours last night. Maybe I was not in top shape because of that, I hope. What I don't hope is that things are changing for the worse or I am coming down with something or there is an infection brewing in my lungs. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, I am still sleeping with oxygen at 1.5 liters until the sleep test. I did notify Dr. K.'s office last Friday that I have been off of oxygen for two months, so I was ready for the sleep test. With yesterday's issues, I don't know that, in fact, it is still true!

Today I am meeting my friend Dolores for lunch at a Vietnamese/Thai restaurant near Michael's shop. I had such an interesting lunch with her son a couple of weeks ago and I love our lunches together. I feel so much smarter after spending time with her!

It is going to be beautiful here on the coast for the next few days. I foresee us spending a lot of time enjoying the sunshine in the garden most of the weekend.

No comments: