Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Move, Part 1

My mom


What a shock! We woke up this morning to layers of frost on the roofs and lawn which almost makes it look like Christmas! It is sparkling in the sun! The house was the coldest it has ever been since we did not have the heat set to turn on. It was 54 degrees in the house this morning! This only days after I was sitting in the garden in shorts tanning my legs!

I had fun yesterday as I was managing three different sets of text messages throughout the day. My sister, her husband and niece picked up a truckload of stuff from mom's in anticipation of her move into the independent living facility on Thursday. My brother and his wife were driving their RV the final leg from Laughlin, Nevada to mom's home to help her through the move. They will head back to their home in New Mexico on Friday. Michael's sister and his niece were on the road from LA to Las Vegas to visit with Michael's mom. All three sent me updates all day. It was really fun to follow them along on their trips.

Here is my mom talking with the kids at her elementary school
in Chicago.
Within the hour, we will head to mom's to see my brother and his wife, pack up a set of china and bring home a few things that she needs us to store for her. Love having attic space! Hopefully, there will be time for all of us to visit dad at the cemetery.

I am so excited to have mom closer to us. Grateful.

No comments: