Friday, February 17, 2012

Off the Couch

The couch
I dragged myself off the couch around noon yesterday to forge for food. After driving over the hill, I had a nice chat with the butchers and a quick run through Trader Joe's and Safeway before arriving home just after the housekeepers were finished. Ah, the smell of a clean house! Lovely. After putting the groceries away, I was done. Tired. Point me towards the couch!

Only being home less than an hour, I heard the front door open and there was Michael. He changed into shorts and we sat in the garden for an hour when the doorbell rang. Ron, next door, handed me a bouquet of fresh chard from his garden. He joined us outside and had a glass of wine and a chat. After he left, I threw a pot of chili together for dinner.

The good news? I am feeling better this morning. The bad news? Michael has a sore throat!

I really don't want to push myself right now. Part of me wants to go over the hill to work out and the other part of me says to stay home and recover. I am leaning towards the staying home option.

Two side stories from yesterday:

I am searching for a new bathroom rug and towels for the newly painted front bathroom. A Kohl's was near Trader Joe's so I took a quick tour of their towel selections. As I was leaving, I heard something that made me pause. A song by the group William has worked for since 2004 was playing over the speakers throughout the store. I stopped. Smiled. It even was a song from the album William recorded for them. Their first concert on the current tour is today in Australia.

When I leaving Safeway yesterday, I ran into Barbara who worked up at the little school in the mountains where William went to elementary school. It is the same school where Winnie is going to hopefully attend. I told Barbara about Winnie and gave her an update about William. She has worked at this little school for over thirty years. She taught me so much about children. It was great to see her.

No comments: