Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rainy Day with Mom

So much has happened! It was a tough 200 mile trip in heavy rain to drive my mom into our area to look at some independent house facilities. She signed a lease on an apartment in a facility just over the pass from us. She is thrilled with the location but her specific one bedroom apartment is too small. She has requested to move into the next available larger one with a patio. She moves March 1.

My brother Chip and his wife Betty are going to drive up from New Mexico about a week before she moves to help her and to take home a lot of things my mom has given to them. She is so happy they are coming.

After dinner last night, we sat in the living room listening to great music when mom asked about Whitney Houston. She is not up on pop culture and didn't really understand all the focus on her death. So, we got on YouTube and showed her National Anthem which I have never heard any singer perform better, the famous "I will Always Love You" then some of the later interviews and concerts when she was really drugged and couldn't sing anymore. She understood how terribly sad it was to see this vibrant woman sink into an early grave due to excessive drugs. The body can only take so much.

I am sick. No fever but a heavy cold and nothing in my chest yet. But, I am really dragging. I am driving mom home this morning then not moving for two days. No orchestra rehearsal. No rehab. No nothing. I need to recover!

No comments: