Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Young, the Aging and Updates

Finally, I slept well last night just in time to not get enough sleep tonight! There is an orchestra rehearsal this evening! HA! Natalie, Winnie and Oliver were here for a few hours yesterday afternoon and not only entertained me, but Michael got home in time to enjoy a little "kid time." Towards the end of the visit, we put on coats, grabbed umbrellas and we all headed outside to dance in a light sprinkling of rain. I love our visits together.

I have been contacting a number of Independent Living facilities to gather information for my mom. There are only two that she is really interested in touring in March. One was a former hotel totally remade into rather large lovely apartments with full kitchens, patios and even has a swimming pool! It is just over the pass from us, three blocks from the mall, a parking lot away from a drug store, a frozen yogurt shop across the street and an upscale market a block away. Great location. The other is about 35 miles away in a very high traffic area, near a mall but she would have to drive on a freeway to get anywhere. It is about 40% cheaper than the first place. I so hope she chooses the first place.

Health update: Today is day 3 of taking the special fish oil and Lipitor and I feel no, zero, zip side effects. Still struggling to keep my oxygen saturation over 89 on the treadmill in rehab.

Diet update: Having special Greek fat-free plain yogurt with fresh blueberries for breakfast. Rare for me. The yogurt still has some sugar in it but is far less than regular yogurt. Such a treat! Fish and artichokes for dinner tonight. Doing great maintaining my weight loss.

Michael update: Eating three pieces of bacon right now. Just sayin'.

William update: Heading to Australia on a tour with the big band followed by concerts in New Zealand, Taiwan, Philippines then Singapore. He is excited to see New Zealand for the first time on this trip.

Off to the other rehab I go!

No comments: