Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Day Off

 So far, I am still well but am being very careful to cool my jets today. I want to cut the grass and water the garden. That's it!

We had a wonderful time yesterday but it was a lot of stress driving though the city, over a very busy bridge, though congested cities, over another bridge, onto another freeway to a rural area then to our destination: a bridal shower. One hundred miles away, one way. 

Mom and I talked non-stop the entire trip. 

We attended the "old lady" shower as the one with the younger bridesmaids and her friends will come later. Thankfully, Shelley also invited me to that one.

It was in a great restaurant in a former hardware store in a very old city. I loved the exposed brick and the space was just beautiful. I had a Kobe burger with fresh green beans. It was wonderful. 

All the presents had been opened, including the vintage ruby red glasses from my sister to her daughter, when I handed her my gift bag. It was a total surprise to her. It was the set of 100-year old vintage ruby champagne glasses that match the glasses her mom had just given to her. She started to cry. The entire collection was reunited.

We took a different way home because of an accident on a bridge onto freeways I had never driven before back to mom's home. When I drove the final leg of the trip over the pass to our home, I had the top down on the convertible, a Chris Isaak's CD playing and the lovely warm breeze mussing my hair. Heaven.

Michael met me in the driveway. He had set up the large garden umbrella, had the fountain on, appetizers waiting and we sat to enjoy the setting sun sharing all that had happened during our day apart from each other. We were both in bed and asleep by 8:00! 

No comments: