Friday, March 2, 2012

Endless Boxes

It was almost surreal to get home from mom's last night. The housekeepers had been here, it was spanking clean and felt huge. We had been working in her new one bedroom apartment and were completely overwhelmed as the movers kept bringing in boxes after boxes. I swear, they almost touch the ceiling! She has too much stuff.

After Chip and Betty headed back to New Mexico, we took my clearly exhausted mom out to get some meat into her. There is a decent - for California - BBQ place with great pulled pork near her apartment. She loved it. She also promised that she would go to bed and not do any more unpacking until the morning.

Today, I have to run to the city for a fasting blood test then meet her back at her apartment. I have to show her where the CSAA office is for her renters insurance and the cheapest gas station and her new bank to transfer her account. Then, we will begin to unpack more boxes.

My health? I am worried that I am feeling worn down already. Just recovered from the last cold, I don't want to get sick again. Michael is keeping and extra eye on me. The boxes will continue to be there and we can take our time to get them all sorted out. I guess I just want her to feel settled as soon as possible. But, I really need to not over do it. It is so hard!

No comments: