Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This and That

Even though I will be seeing Natalie and her children Winnie and Oliver on Saturday, they are going to swing by for a quick visit before the rehab class this morning. I have yellow chicken Peep's ready for snacking and mini sausages from Trader Joe's for a snack as they will be coming from swimming lessons.

The last time they visited, I was saying goodbye to Winnie while she was hooking herself into her car seat when she paused and said, "I had a really nice time today," reflecting on the entire visit. She is five.

I am also a bit nervous about my first day back to the rehab class in over three weeks because of the illness and my mom. I am going to blame my mom and not mention the illness. After the former RN retired, I really don't like or feel comfortable with the new RN. She is nice enough but her skill set does not include how to manage a group of people. It is often uncomfortable when she berates a person in front of the rest of the group. So inappropriate. Some people are thinking of leaving. A shame, really.

Sometimes I feel like I am living in a cave and the excitement over the movie Hunger Games is just one example. A doctor who works out at the other rehab was so excited about it and asked if I had read the books. What? There were books? I swear, a cave.

So, when our friend Jill mentioned on Facebook that the Book Faire at the local middle school was selling all three books in the series for $21.99, I asked her to grab them for me. So, the adventure will begin in a few days after I finish Brad Thor's Full Black, a very manly book recommenced to me by another guy at the other rehab who was a former marine. A good treadmill book.

No comments: