Monday, April 30, 2012

Maybe, Just Maybe

Sunday's concert venue
Yesterday, I noticed when I took a long, steep set of outside stairs through a garden at a fast pace that maybe, must maybe my breathing is getting better. I realized it when I was standing at the top without being short of breath.

This means that maybe, just maybe, the large dosage of prednisone is reducing the inflammation in my lungs and there just might be a chance that I am getting some lung capacity back.

I am thrilled.

This event happened after the concert with the little violin kids at a beautiful venue but difficult to carry my large, heavy string bass up and down odd garden steps. Claudine’s husband was gracious enough to do the hauling round trip. I was running up the stairs trying to keep up with him after the concert. I am still so surprised that I was able to do it so easily.

The concert went really well, several of the students performed as soloists playing songs so familiar to me with all my performances at the school still in my brain. It was joyful to watch and listen to children play music again.

So, the final rehearsal until September is Friday afternoon in preparation for the group who is scheduled to perform two songs as a prelude to my orchestra concert next Saturday night. I am feeling good about that concert and that will be my final performance until the fall. The summer off. Time to have some work done on my bass during the break.

Mom and I are getting together after my rehab this morning and heading to Big Lots. I have never been to one so that should be an adventure followed by a nice lunch thrown in somewhere.

Monday. A rather quiet week ahead. No doctors. Just rehab and two rehearsals.

No comments: