Thursday, May 10, 2012

Concert Night Review

It had been over two years since we had seen one of his concerts. We missed the last tour when things went wrong and William asked us not to come at the last moment. Didn't need the additional stress. I thought the same might happen when we received a text yesterday afternoon about how he had a bad night.

I thought he was texting about the concert. It wasn't until I ran into him on the stairs before the concert that I learned that it had to do with sleep. He had no sleep Tuesday night. The air conditioning was broken at the hotel and his room was 85 degrees. He was miserable all night.

He looked exhausted.

He and I moved into a hallway as I had gone in search for earplugs and was on my way back to our seventh row, center of the aisle seats when I bumped into him on the stairs. The opening band stunk and used one button on the sound board - Maximum. Everything was shaking. My ears hurt.

We chatted about the wedding next week. He is exhausted from the long tour, they have two weeks off then over a month of concerts in Europe. He said that there had been very few days off and everyone was worn out. The wedding is right in the middle of this break so he is worried he is not going to be up to speed for the next part of the tour.

I promised that I would have great food for him and that we would do nothing else but relax while he and Kimberly are with us.

While chatting, we talked about the hot water heater and the latest downturn with my lungs. He laughed when I told him that the sheets on his bed have been washed. And iron! Ah, the joys of prednisone!

The concert was great. Melanie said it was better than she expected. She took lots of photos and videos and sang along with most of the songs. We got her home right at midnight.

No comments: