Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Speech!

A bit nervous this morning. We plan to leave around noon for a lunch near the convention center. The seminar on my specific disease, Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis, will begin at 2:00 for the American Thoracic Society's annual convention. My speech is in the middle of four physicians who are speaking. The waiting is going to be the worst!

Michael has taken the entire day off so this morning we are sitting with nice pot of coffee, the door to the garden is open and the sun is streaming through the living room. A beautiful day ahead.

I keep reviewing my speech and trying to memorize it so I just have to refer to my notes. Yesterday, I received encouraging e-mails from Susan from the ILD Support Group who also will be there and Joanne from Ohio who I met through this blog. So sweet!

It is a very personal speech. The doctor heading my seminar asked me to address specific topics including the effect of the illness on our child, my income, our marriage, as well as specifics about the symptoms and how it was diagnosed. I threw in a blurb about pulmonary rehab, as I believe that is vital for anyone with an ILD.

Tomorrow's blog will feature the speech itself.

Here I go!


No comments: