Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Aviation Museum

We met Barbara and her lovely day care kids at the aviation museum near mom's house. It was spectacular. Old planes from the late 1800's, a copy of the Wright plane, old photos, jets, helicopters. Everything was hands-on. We loved it. The kids loved it. We even climbed into a 747 and into its cockpit.

My mom
We climbed into a lot of planes, up and down a lot of stairs and kept up with the kids! Here is a photo of her climbing into one of the cockpits!

Within minutes, I will be meeting mom for an appointment with her primary doctor. I am concerned that she might have an ILD along with the sinus issue. She has been complaining about a drippy nose for years. Nothing seems to work. Lately, she seems to desaturating when walking up stairs, especially if she is carrying packages. So classic. The doctor had talked with her about arranging a full set of pulmonary function tests so I want to follow through with that today.

I didn't go with her to their last meeting as I was giving the speech for the American Thoracic Society that day. The doctor asked about me and mom gave him a thumbnail sketch of my ILD. He was intrigued. So, I am going to bring a copy of speech, in case he asks. Educating doctors, that's my goal!

I did talk with the Employment Department yesterday and will be in their office on Friday to speak with a specific person. That person will direct me through the maze of how or even if I can collect the $2500 I just discovered that may be available to me. It may be too late but at least I will have tried.

No comments: