Thursday, July 5, 2012

After the 4th Comes the 5th!

Did you see the full moon last night? Wasn't it glorious? We peered out of mom's windows at the fireworks last night after Michael BBQed some chicken and strips of zucchini. Delightful!

It was rather odd to have a holiday mid-week. Clearly, many people have taken the time off before or after the 4th. Tonight, we have been invited to an 85th anniversary party of a restaurant along the ocean north of us. It will be a private party thrown by the owner and this man knows how to throw a party! I anticipate tables heavily laden with food including amazingly fresh seafood. That is what I will eat: seafood and vegetables! I would also bet that Michael will have a couple of cocktails as "After the 4th comes the 5th! "HA!

After rehab this morning, Mom and I are playing today and planning another field trip. She also wants to connect with Barbara and her day care kids as she has totally fallen in love with the kids. They have field trips almost everyday during the summer.

An update: I did received notification that I will be receiving the $2500 lien paid by the Worker's Comp Insurance company into my state disability account. Since I will never return to work, they will be sending that amount to me to close my account. It is coming under separate cover in the form of a gift card.

No comments: