Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Found Money Month

My mom
It's my month for finding money! First, it was the $2500 from the state EDD that I missed back in 2009 and yesterday, it was $50! Ron, our neighbor, is gone for a few days while new hardwood floors are being installed. I pulled out a Williams-Sonoma bag from my bag of bags to store his mail until his return when there it was: a receipt. I read it. It was a $50 gift certificate with this written along the bottom, "This gift card does not expire and no fees are imposed." It, too, was from 2009.

 Also yesterday, Mom and I went on a field trip to Allied Arts, an artisan community in old buildings near Stanford. Proceeds from rents, weddings and the luncheon restaurant are donated to the Stanford Children's hospital. We hadn't been there in over 25 years. Lunch was fantastic. We sat outside around a little fountain and  enjoyed a salad for me and "the best chicken salad sandwich with grapes and apples" for my mom. Oh, and freshly made potato chips! I watched her eat every bite! Remarkable!
Me

At lunch
As it is very close to the Stanford Shopping Center, we thought we would swing by the Williams-Sonoma and buy some coffee mugs with the gift card. They hemmed and hawed. Turning the receipt over, we all discovered together that it was from MACY'S! How embarrassing! Michael needs some sandals and jeans so we will take it to Macy's on Sunday.

So, with two surprises of extra money, I guess I should play the lottery!

No comments: