Friday, July 20, 2012

Give Me Some Air, Please

And now for the bad news: My oxygen saturation numbers during the rehab class yesterday were horrible. On the treadmill, I was 84% and just couldn't get it higher. Kelly put me back on 2 liters of oxygen and I still could only get it up to 92%.

Something is going on.

I did talk with my friend Lois non-stop for two hours before the class. That should not be the cause. The air was very heavy yesterday. Maybe the cause but I doubt it. I wonder if I have something cooking in my lungs again, maybe something irritated them during my major gardening last week. That is the most possible cause.

In any event, I am worried.

I am not going to the other rehab this morning so I won't be back in a gym until Monday. The supplemental oxygen will be used once again and I will check my saturation rate throughout the workout. After my levels are checked in the rehab class next Tuesday and, if it is still low, I am going to let Dr. K. know what is happening.

No comments: