Saturday, July 14, 2012

Goals

After a fantastic night's sleep, I awaken to the dense fog of summer on the coastside. Really dense. It is almost raining from fog fallout. My plan for today? I so want and need to work in the garden. My fingers are crossed that it clears a bit. I don't need sunshine, I just need it to not be so drippy wet.

I am looking forward to our trip to Seattle to visit Kimberly and William and to be together for Michael's 60th birthday. A road trip! It is a long 14-hour drive from our home and we drive it all in one day. Thankfully, we are both early morning people so we always leave the house around 5AM, have breakfast three hours later, in Portland by rush hour and Seattle by dinner. I have not been to Seattle in three to four years. It is a city I love. It is a walking city and we are once again staying right downtown. We love to walk to Pike's Market in the early morning hours. We wander through the different neighborhoods. I swear I could live there.

My goal before the trip? I want to lose five pounds between now and September so I am on the light side. I have to recommit to rehab everyday. It has taken a back seat to all the activities with mom. I also realized that I am not drinking my normal quantities of water because I am out running around with her and not close to a bathroom. Food-wise, I have been fine but I do feel that I am eating more as we go to lunch a lot. My choices have been good but it is just different and more food that what I would eat at home. I also would like to push for additional walks in the late afternoon several days a week.

So my mantra for the next few weeks: rehab, water, portions, walks.

No comments: