Monday, July 2, 2012

Not Sleeping

I have been having sleeping problems. I am exercising. I am eating well. I just don't understand it.

Around 8:00PM, the yawning begins. I fall into bed and sleep until around midnight. I flip around the channels, listen to Michael breathe, try to focus on the drone of the electric fan, too hot, too cold and I end up just lying there. Waiting. Waiting to sleep.

This lasted three hours last night. The average is two to three hours. After a couple of night of this, I do take a melatonin to insure sleep but I still tend to awaken for a bit during the night.

Michael said that he has noticed that I am in a manic phase thanks to the prednisone. He said that I can't just sit still. I must be doing something or moving my body. I reflected back on the weekend and realized that he was right. While sitting, I either had a book or a computer in my hands. I also balanced the checkbook, wrote out a lot of checks, went food shopping, organized a cabinet in the kitchen, made dinner, picked up the house, made lists....you get the idea.

Now my job is to be aware that I am manic. I can easily drive people nuts by talking too much or too loudly or too fast or being frustrated that everyone driving in cars or with me are not moving fast enough. I need to remind myself to slow down. I need to relax my mind and body. So hard for me to do.

I am going to the other rehab this morning after a stop at the bank then will visit my mom after working out. I have lots of errands to run and will haul mom with me, we'll have a bit of lunch then I will have my hair cut and colored in anticipation of a wedding on Saturday. Eyebrow waxing tomorrow! Oh joy!

No comments: