Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weekend!

Unusual weekend for us. We are going to a wedding today. I have met the bride once and the groom twice. Michael knows both well through his friend Jim. Out comes the black Calvin Klein dress and Michael's new shirt and tie once again. It should be perfect weather and the reception is very close to my mom's home, so not far from us.

As the wedding is not until later this afternoon, I am pushing Michael to join me for a nice long walk along the ocean. Not sure that is going to happen. What I am going to do is mail my letter to Social Security Disability regarding the $2500 I received to close my state disability account.

Sunday morning will once again find us watching the Formula 1 race, this time of Great Britain. My rookie driver for Lotus, Romain Grosjean lead the practice round yesterday, today is the qualifying rounds and tomorrow the race.

I am tired from several late night changes to my routine so I will try to take it easy at the wedding today. The plan is to do nothing on Sunday, maybe a walk but otherwise, nothing. There is a very busy week ahead with lots of doctors and driving so I need to take the time to recover.

My thoughts are with all my countrymen and women who are suffering with long-term power outages and stifling, seemingly endless heat. I wish I could send a bit of coastal fog your way.

No comments: