Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bored

I am both bored and boring. I miss rehab. I miss contact in the world. The days have been long and I begin to look for Michael's car in the driveway about two hours before he is due home. And when he gets home, I have nothing to share with him from my day.

If the weather clears today, I am going to cut the grass. Tomorrow, I am going to go over the hill to buy groceries and to see mom for a bit. Friday, we are getting our toe nails done together.

What I am really looking forward to Friday early evening. Jim and Kathy have invited several friends to a party surrounding their huge bonfire for their granddaughter before she leaves for college on the weekend. Lots of nice people.

I am not good at this. The last several years, I have lived with the true belief that if I keep moving, death is going to have to chase me as I am not going to stop to wait for it. Moving and exercising everyday has helped to keep me well. It has extended my life. Everyday I sit here, I worry that I am backsliding. My muscles are leaving me!

Hopefully, I will get Dr. K.'s approval to go back to rehab next week. Back into the world. Back to life.

No comments: